Tuesday, July 29, 2008

long beach quilt show part 2


"Very little is needed to make a happy life;
it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."
~Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

(my table set up)

What a great weekend I had at the long beach quilt show!


A huge thank you goes out to Pokey Bolten and her amazing staff for hosting Open studio's and putting on one great show!
Open studios is such a great concept, I really love to see how artist work and getting to meet them in person creating there art was such a joy to me... being able to connect the process with there personality's really makes it all come together.

Alisa Burke
is such a joy! My daughter Sarah was captivated by her art!


I also got to meet Jane La Fazio
I am sad to report that I did not take a pitcher with her but it was so fun to meet some one who's work you admire.


Beryl Taylor
is such a warm person, this girl can really wow a crowd, her elegant style that she exemplifies in her art work is very much the lady that she is in person, I was thrilled to be able to meet her in person and be able to talk about fiber art with her.

Now you may be able to see Jamie Fingal
and I in the
in the same
quilting art tv show, episode # 204 Embellishment,


But our paths did not pass when we were in Ohio filming so it was great fun to at long last meet and admire her amazing handy work up close!



My Friend Nancy Nelson Came to support me all the way from Reno with her Daughter Noell.

Attending a large convention like this is always so inspiring , the energy that you get from being around so many people that are so passionate for there craft is so contagious. I Had so much fun meeting so many great people.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was so much fun. Thank you for sharing it with us. I LOVE Beryl Taylors' work. I received my copy of Charming Exchange....whoppppepeeee. I love it.

calex22001@yahoo.com

Cindy Dean said...

I would be the one who would be thrilled to meet you because I admire your work! Looks like you had fun!

Karen Cole said...

You should patent that smile of yours.

Looks like you had a blast.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Wow! What a fun time you must have had. I took a class from Beryl Taylor at Art and Soul. She is everything you said. I would love to take a class from you sometime too! Your work is wonderful!
Hugs,
Michelle

Maria said...

Hi Rae, found your article in Artful Blogging, and really admired your art work. Just stopping by to say hello!
Maria

Maija said...

You are ROCKING in your element! Meeting all those fabric artists must have been fun!

Sandra Evertson said...

Wow! The show looks Fabulous! And I love the shot of you below working on that antique machine!
Sandra Evertson

Anonymous said...

Ruth: I'm a fan from seeing your work in Artful Blogging. I love your quotes and your gentle purpose with your art. Your banner is the most gorgeous thing I've seen. I'm so new at the blogging and feel elementary at not only my art now but also my blogging when I see your talent. Thanks for raising the bar... sigh. No seriously, I'm greatful to be able to admire!