Monday, July 09, 2007

Spirit Cards

After two day's of workshops trying to channel my inner Teesha Moore I was inspired to create in my own style. This Spirit card swap hosted by Susan Tuttle has been going on for almost a year now but we are just about at the end... we each made our first spirit card and a folder then we sent it off Round Robbin style, each girl was to make a card with a inspiring word and add a little bit to each folder.

"Kindness"
This spirit card is for Deryn.
Layers of burnt resin cover bible page, burnt transparency's all hand stitched to a mettle frame, along with the "lovenkindness" and "protect" additions I made to her folder.


"explore"
my card for Susan's spirit folder is a book page with fabric and fibers machine sewn, and the "faith"addition I made to her folder.

"Truth"
is for Fiona
this butterfly card is all fabric and the wings are slightly stuffed, all the edges have been burnt.
"kindness, beauty, truth" is my addition to her folder.
(you can view details of all the cards here)


"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." — Kahlil Gibran

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for your inspiration...I have an old Swedish Bible.. now I have ideas on what to do with it..I'm giving away a Birdy on my blog if your interested...

Susan Williamson said...

These spirit cards are just gorgeous. It's refreshing to see such a unique approach. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was in those classes with you, and sitting at home talking your ear off today. Thanks for your comments. I love hearing from you1

Ro Bruhn said...

More fabulous work as usual, you have a great way with fabric