Sunday, December 12, 2010

On the 12th day...

 Pilar Isabel Pollock artistically gift wrapped for me... 


 She made a vinyl pocket with a  replication of a Holy Card and stuffed it with all kinds of intriguing floating trinkets.


then she stitched the gift up in a pepper bag and stitched it up so scissors were needed to cut away the gift warp...


to revile the gift wrapped in a a waxy translucent layer...


oh my what can it be!?


its a breath taking fabric milagros! Pilar deeply etched the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe onto copper then beaded and stitched it all onto a felt heart along with oiled and resin papers that she stitched all together, cascading from the heart are tea stained fibers that she machine embroidery and left a multitude of red threads to trail amongst the tassels!


and here she is gracing my tree in all her luminous beauty!
Thank you Pilar for such a elegant gift!

I hope you all enjoyed the last 12 days as much as I did! 
Happy Holidays!

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Pilar said...

Ruthie, I am so glad you liked the milagro. Thank you for the kind words and awesome photos. I hope we will see each other soon. Have a great holiday season!xoxoxoxo

suziqu's thread works said...

This, I would have to say, is one of my most favourites but they are just beautiful.
Ruth I just purchased your "Your Journey is the Destination" from Etsy and find it soooo inspiring. Many thanks for that!
Cheers, Suzy

Seth said...

What a wonderful treasure -- made even better by the wrapping.