Monday, March 22, 2010

The Art Of Procrastination


A year from now you may wish you had started today.
~Karen Lamb

I have found my way back into my studio this past week,
working on a few publication deadlines.

Hibiscus dyed

This little pile of dyed pink loveliness is a result of using dried Hibiscus.

Last peek...

and here is a small peek of a project in the lay out stage before I start the sewing and attaching.
I tend to put off working on projects till the last minute, however once I get working I really do enjoy the process so much I just can not help but ask myself
"why do I always put it off till the last minute?"
when I fully know The best way to get something done is to begin.
I will keep these words in mind a little more:

You may delay, but time will not.
~Benjamin Franklin


One more bit of news in the March/April
you will find my poetry scarfs and little about my process and meaning behind them ~




Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.
~Spanish Proverb

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Debbie Demmers-Adkins said...

Ruth Rae, I look forward to looking at your scarfs and article when I get to a book store that handles this magazine! We live in a small town of less than 3,000 and the nearest bookstore to handle these magazines is about 180miles away! My husband and I are going away for the weekend for our anniversary....so, I hope I can steer him to Sioux Falls where a big bookstore is that has this magazine! I love words and anywhere one can put them!!! Thank you for your creativity!!! deb

Beatnheart said...

You are giving yourself time to think about your creations. You are working in your mind and hashing out all the possilities..Loved all the quotes today.. Cynthia

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Love the Poetry in Textile; beautiful!

The Blackwood Cottage said...

Ruth Rae,
Oh what a relief to hear you say there is a slow start. I drag my feet before a project but once I get going I love it and want to do more and more. I don't know what that is but the mood has to be right. Beautiful work!
Sincerely,
Machelle
http://theblackwoodcottage.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

Dear Ruth Rae,
Woe! I am in love with the concept of Poertry scarves - simply wonderful! I am a mere dabbler and I love what you create - how inspiring!

rscoach said...

Hey Ruth - I too suffer from procrastination - I believe it is an Aries trait (my b'day 3/29) - am learning to embrace it hoping that will cause it to feel claustrophobic and go away :) Gotta go - on a deadline for tomorrow - after procrastinating ...guess I didn't embrace it enough....oh well, there's always tomorrow:)) Reva (los angeles)
PS taking 2 classes from you at AU in August - looking forward to learning your techniques!