Monday, August 24, 2009

nesting (back home)

I arrived home yesterday from our annual family beach trip, the sea water always seams to nourish my soul.

Be


Home

however wonderful time spent away, I am thankful to be home, ready to create in my studio and putter patter around my house.

nest

once taken out of our element its quite obvious just how complacent we can become with our surroundings, retrials and creature comforts that is home.

IMG_6402
nourish my soul

Time was spent yesterday in my studio making up these demure framed word pendents...
I have been striving to merge my fabric art with my jewelry and I feel as if I have in these pieces.
(all for sale: here)

soul
soul

love
love

joy
joy

hope
hope

faith
faith

“When we do not trouble ourselves about whether or not something is a work of art, if we just act in each moment with composure and mindfulness, each minute of our life is a work of art. .So we must go back to ourselves, and when we have joy and peace in ourselves, our creations of art will be quite natural, and they will serve the world in a positive way”
- Thich Nhat Hanh


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Beautiful photos. I love the vintage look of your piccies

Carolyn

Maria said...

Those earrings are lovely. I always wondered where you found all the bits and pieces you use in your creations.

Maria

Poetic Artist said...

I am glad I found your blog..
I love your jewelry..I really love the cuff bracelets you make.
I hope to own one of them one day.
I have this little tiny wrist. Do you make smaller than a 7 to 8?
Thanks for making such beautiful jewelry..I wishi I could learn but I live in the middel of no where and it is hard to find classes. LOL>

Katelen