Tuesday, June 02, 2009

internal harvest (stillness within)


It is worth mentioning, for future reference, that the creative power which bubbles so pleasantly in beginning a new book quiets down after a time, and one goes on more steadily. Doubts creep in. Then one becomes resigned. Determination not to give in, and the sense of an impending shape keep one at it more than anything.

~Virginia Woolf

internal harvest (stillness within)

There is a shadow and a darkness that sometimes sets in when one is trying to explore new ideas. I trust that taking the road less traveled is necessary for a internal harvest that in turn will unearth a creative growth.
I walk into the darkness and linger until a shadow starts to appear.
once I have this shadow in my minds eye then I emerge.

internal harvest (stillness within)

I try to view my work with eyes that are not my own… I attempt to be subjective… during the process of bring a vision to life I practice the process of elimination if a element is to obvious in my design then it will be eliminated. When I am unsure then I will walk away and give my eyes a change to decided. This is the process that I follow until I have achieved stillness within my mind.

internal harvest (stillness within)
(copper basket with coil's and coiled beads along with hand forged copper leaves and large unpolished garnets is 6 inches in diameter.)

Finding the time to work on innovative visions has became increasingly hard for me… I have a long list of things that have to be done and I have new ideas that I want to work out. Achieving balance in my work has always been a challenge for me. However I have grown to except this part of me and allow myself this dormancy when I do not want to work or create.

internal harvest (stillness within)

This basket was intended to be a workshop, however it was replaced by other projects. Coming up with new classes is always a challenge as it’s hard to decide what others would like to learn from me. I still have to work up more classes so If you would be so kind please tell me what you would like to see me teach in 2010. (don't be shy... even if you can not travel, I will be doing some online workshops as well)

internal harvest (stillness within)

The key question isn't "What fosters creativity?" But it is why in God's name isn't everyone creative? Where was the human potential lost? How was it crippled? I think therefore a good question might be not why do people create? But why do people not create or innovate? We have got to abandon that sense of amazement in the face of creativity, as if it were a miracle if anybody created anything.

~Abraham Maslow



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Thank you for sharing your creative soul in all you say and all you create and all you do!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!