Tuesday, December 11, 2007

days 8, 9, 10 & 11!

oh my!
the days are getting away from me! I sat down last night and opened up 4 amazing gifts!

On the 8Th day of Christmas Pilar Pollock wrapped for me with
this lovely hand painted paper! I really liked how she sealed it all up so I had to rip it open to get the ornament!
and here it is!
this has a wonderful reflective quality and the image of Madonna and Child are printed out on silk . You can read about her process on her blog.


On the ninth day of Christmas Sally Turlington wrapped for me:

just look at the sweet little number nine with the bell with the velvet poinsettia!
WOW! Sally assemble filigree Lady's dancing! Sally has posted on her blog a story about her ornament along with the hidden meaning she has named each of the Lady's and I received




Patience (something that I truly need to work on so she is perfect for me!)


On the tenth day Jackie Allison wrapped for me...
with luscious red and green ribbons on brilliant #10 paper!
and inside was this stunner filled with goodies to make any mixed media girl smile! and to make it even butter is that this is a duplicate of the ornament that she had published in the article, 12 Days of Christmas Ornament Swap, in the November/December 2007 issue of Somerset Studio magazine!


on the eleventh day JoAnnA Pierotti of Moss Hill Studio wrapped for me!
oh me! oh my! it was very hard for me to open this up as it was wrapped to perfection!
but I some how made myself open it and was oh so happy that I did! for inside I found this lovely little lady all dressed up and ready to inspire! Joanna has posted a little on her process on her blog.
I must say that after going to the girls blogs and reading about the meaning behind there creativity truly makes each of the ornaments even more stunning!

Tomorrow I will be opening the last day!

“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”

Tina Turner quotes

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Karen Cole said...

WOW!!!!!!!

I am green with envy!!!

What an incredible swap you have been lucky to be a part of.....

Everything is just amazing.

I'm IN if anyone wants to do one next year....:-)

HI RUTH....happy holidays!