Wednesday, May 09, 2007

STAY CLOSE, MY HEART

I must confess that I am a wild crazy romantic! I just adore cutting hearts out! and pink and red are my 2 favorite colors! and Rumi is my favorite poet!
this little atc card I made to go out with one of my ETSY shop orders yesterday :)


STAY CLOSE, MY HEART

Stay close, my heart, to the one who knows your ways;
Come into the shade of the tree that allays has fresh flowers.
Don't stroll idly through the bazaar of the perfume-markers:
Stay in the shop of the sugar-seller.
If you don't find true balance, anyone can deceive you;
Anyone can trick out of a thing of straw,
And make you take it for gold
Don't squat with a bowl before every boiling pot;
In each pot on the fire you find very different things.
Not all sugarcanes have sugar, not all abysses a peak;
Not all eyes possess vision, not every sea is full of pearls.
O nightingale, with your voice of dark honey! Go on lamenting!
Only your drunken ecstasy can pierce the rock's hard heart!
Surrender yourself, and if you cannot be welcomes by the Friend,
Know that you are rebelling inwardly like a thread
That doesn't want to go through the needle's eye!
The awakened heart is a lamp; protect it by the him of your robe!
Hurry and get out of this wind, for the weather is bad.
And when you've left this storm, you will come to a fountain;
You'll find a Friend there who will always nourish your soul.
And with your soul always green, you'll grow into a tall tree
Flowering always with sweet light-fruit, whose growth is interior.

~Rumi (translated by Andrew Harvey)

(atc cards going out to Heather)

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just (happily) discovered your blog from the clothpaperscissors article featuring your fantastic jewelry. I have to say each piece is more wonderful than the next...and BTW your pics of your studio are so enviable...what a great place to work esp. with ALL of those wonderful things!