Thursday, September 07, 2006

woman of straw



I was cleaning up my studio after doing my fabric book page and I was thinking about how I was going to do some halloween ATC's , so I took up some scraps from my table and came up with this, fiber atc stiched onto a aged copper frame... inspired by Susan lenart kazmer article in this months summerset, I want to try to do the resin papers that she talks about in her article, I have it all ready to try ... but resin is truly a messy thing and its was just so easy to use the fabric! But for the halloween ATC's I will do the resin :) I really am a lazy artist... I need to start to push myself a little more and use more of my jewelry skills in my mixed media... I guess its just that I came to mixed media as a place to get away from my jewelry so I never wanted to mix them ... but now that I no longer do jewelry as a profession, maybe now its time from me to do it as fun again :)
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Shari Beaubien said...

You're not a "lazy" artist! Or if you are, then I am, too. I've wanted to try resin stuff as well, but have put it off due to the mess. Maybe we're just "clean" artists?!!?! Hugs, Shari