Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Happy December 1st!

The adorn ornament exchange has started!
Every year, 11 (sometimes 12) artist friends join in on this Christmas exchange.
We all make ornaments for each other and open them together beginning on December first.


Here is a look at the grouping of my gifts that I will be opeening over the next 12 days and sharing them with you all here on my blog.
Here's a list of the artists participating this year:



Today I get to open my gift from Crystal Neubauer, I adore her work so I can not wait to open it and find out whats inside...


Her ornament is encaustics, done on a smooth sheet of acrylic. The wax gives the collage and images a opaque look and, as you can see, the Christmas lights shine through, brilliant Job Crystal!


Here you see it on my tree and If you notice the little snowman on the right of crystals ornament its the work of Deryn Mentock (as well as the founder of this exchange) from last year and tomorrow we will get to see what she has worked up for this year!

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Blue Green Arts said...

What a great and fun idea for an ornament exchange like that! I love it!

Jenny said...

Oh what a wonderful idea and how very special... I just love Crystal's little bird collage... can't wait to see what else you unwrap...

Jenny x

Lynn Cohen said...

Love all those doll heads!!
What a sweet way to celebrate twelve days of Christmas. Can't wait to see all the giftees.

Riki Schumacher said...

Love the ornament, so hand made looking and beautiful. Riki