Friday, September 10, 2010

i carry your heart

I have been busy stitching scarfs, This one is a 3 paneled poetry scarf loveling stiched with the words of ee cummings.

ee Cummings poetry scarf

ee Cummings poetry scarf
Scarf reads:
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)

i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
~ee cummings

ee Cummings poetry scarf

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Lisa said...

wow..that's a lot of work! love the thread color and fabric color combo.. the words and fabric layers create such a stunning work of art!

Robin Thomas said...

Sigh...another beauty, which is the reason I am coming to TCC next week and taking your Saturday afternoon album class. I look so very forward to meeting you.

Susan Beth said...

I loved the fact that when I bought Sommerset Studio and finally opened it up, there was an article by you, using a project (the heart with nails) that I had seen here last winter and been inspired to try some of my own. Your work is absolutely beautiful, and I continue to be inspired! Thank you!

studioGypsy said...

ruth. just beautiful, as ususal! but too wild, as before i clicked on your blog to see the latest post, i sent this poem to some close friends of mine... ahhh... e.e. sweetness is flying about. :) lovely.fun to find!! xxooxxo~Leilani

~lisa~ said...

this is fabulous...
this is my favorite e.e.cummings poem...
i love how the scarf was stitched. the choice and treatment of the fabric is perfect and again with the way it is stitched...my compliments!

Lynn Cohen said...

Fun scarf!!!!!!!!!!