Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Art Nest

A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
~Kenko Yoshida

Sky

I have always held a great kinship with the sky, However I found something even more captivating then normal about the Utah sky and I just could not keep myself from looking up at it.

IMG_7865.JPG

I spent last week in mountains of Utah. Candice and Julie were the most delightful caretakers Art Nest is a true treat and if you ever have the chance to go you will not regret it! no detail was left out as we were all pampered and taken well care of!

IMG_7837.JPG

Here I am on a little walk surrounded by lovely aspen trees and some new friends after just arriving.

IMG_7840.JPG

The sights were delightful.

IMG_7876.JPG

Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky.
~Kahlil Gibran

forest floor.

We all took a little walk down by a stream to have a little breakfast snack...
and listen to Stephine talk to us about the many different ways to journal.

Stephine talking about ideas on journals

then with her help we got to work on creating our own journals out of plaster.
(I had so much fun being a student!)

my work space in Stephine's class

The next day was all about fabric as I showed the group how to altered cloth...

tea stained fabric from my class

and free-motion stich.

Stephine sewing with my machine.

Then in a blink of an eye our days at art nest quickly passed and I found myself on my journey back home...

IMG_7888.JPG

But not with out my farewell to the the to Utah sky with the help of a splendid red hot air balloon.

I thank you God for this most amazing day,
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees,
and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural,
which is infinite,
which is yes.


e. e. cummings

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,

Just wanted to say that you are such an inspiration to me.
I found your book on amazon a few months ago and have followed your blog religiously since.
Your work is fantastic and you see to have acomplished so much.
Thank you.

Helen x

Aqua Junko Artworks said...

Wow looks like so much fun ,, and work,,and creative happenings. Thank you for sharing.
Lori

mairedodd said...

beautiful in every way... thank you for sharing this, ruth... utah is gorgeous, art nest looks enticing, and the whole thing left me wanting to look up... i live near the ocean, so we have 'big sky'... i love your look up through the trees - stunning...

Kathryn Dyche said...

Wow it all looks amazing, so much fun.

Maija said...

Art Nest is such a treat, isn't it??? I adore Julie and Candice!