Friday, August 17, 2007

its good to be home!

I have been home the last week... hanging out by our pool and reconnecting with my family! 2 weeks away from the kids was hard! Here is a fast recap of my trip:


The Drive to F & W Publication's



This is where Kelly and I Spent a Week filming the How to's for " A charming exchange"

These are the girls that I spent my week with from left to right: Me and our photographer Christine, Tonia our fearless editor and my partner in art crime Kelly!
( yes she really is that much taller then me!)


Kim and her crew were so sweet to spend two days with us they took us to spring grove built in 1845 is the 2nd largest cemetery in the United States and is spread out on 733 acres... all I can say is BIG and HOT and STEAMY!
we started out as a group but them we all started to break away as we all became captivated by all the head stones and statues... I ended up high on top of a hill and could hear Kellys voice in the distance screaming my name I looked down and there in the distance I could see Kims new yellow SUV!


I left Cincinnati Saturday Morning for Chicago and these are the shoots I took from my car on the way to the airport


Once in Illinois I was whisked to Bella Luna Beads Where we had a PMC Play night.


Debora's Husband Gary has one amazing mid century art collection!

And here is the sweet little Town of East Dundee!

This is Jim enjoying his amazing wine as he grills us dinner... I must say that his home wine making cellar was the hilight of my trip ! each bottle was some how better then the last and I could not pick a favorite so I just had to keep trying them all!

I got home on Monday from my tour of the mid west just in time to celebrate my Fathers Birthday! the last 7 mounths have been so full for me... I am not one to look back for long... but its hard for me to wrap my brain around the last 2 weeks... I have grown in many different ways from the people who I have meet, each and every one so full of life and creativity! But I must say its good to be Home!

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." — Kahlil Gibran

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are sneaky with that camera! When are you coming back? We're hungry~
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! Looks like you had a fabulous trip and got great photos too!

Judy said...

So glad you are back safe and sound.
So glad you had a great time.
Not sure whether to be glad that...

and I quote...
" the last 7 mounts have been so full for me" - LOL. ROFL.

You crack me up!!!

Ruth Rae said...

Judy! you better watch out! you are going to turn into my proof reader! :)

Patti G. said...

Ruth, what a joy your trip seemed to be! Filled with friends, sites of glory and art! You look great and am glad to see your SMILE! I did giggle at the typo myself! Freudian slip! Haaaaaaaheheheeh!
Just sending some hugs your way while I have a free moment!
Hugs,Patti

Marissa said...

It was so great to meet you in person after creatively feel your talents and Kelly's for some time in getting the cover together.

I wish we would have had more time to spend together (that cemetary looks great for my artists' date soon!) but I do hope you come on by my blog enough to get to know me. I know I'll look forward to every minute more of the book getting to know you & Kelly.

I used to live in Elgin, just 15 minutes down the road from East Dundee! I miss that sweet little town. The photos took me back.

Talk soon!