Thursday, March 15, 2007

35 artfest atc's and birdnest winners!

This is my little scrap pile that I pulled from to make the cards below.

I did not meet my goal of 5o atc cards yesterday I only made it to 35...
but the are all one of a kind :)
I am just happy that I do have some trades for artfest and I now don't have to worry any more about getting there and having trade envy.

I used felt, fiber and transparency's, coffee stained muslin with stamped images/ words, button and tuelling and machine stitching .... I tend to lay out the designs fast then I will move stuff around a little then I will sit at the machine and sew them up .


today I will work on batch 2... and maybe I will go into a new direction... I depleted most of my scrap pile that I was working with so maybe I can come up with some fresh ideas?



I will work up a little steep by steep of how I do my layers today when I make my new batch and share it with you tomorrow :)

I really miss blogging and just playing around in my studio with fiber and paper, But all my Art time has been dedicated to Jewelry for My book and I have found that when I create Jewelry it comes from a different place inside of me and its hard for me to do both... it strangely one or the other for me... but I have been working on getting to the two to meet up some how and maybe even become friends :)

And the Winners are....
OK... maybe my contest was rigged... leave it to me to make pulling two names so complicated!
But on first pull I pulled out Kelly and Holly... Kelly does not count she can have what ever I do when I ever I do it... so yes Kelly you can have a charm... but you do not count, so I pulled another name...my next name was Martha who will be in the same house with me at artfest and Holly is going to be at artfest as well so they don't count... I will put away one just for Holly and Martha with your names on and I will hand deliver your birds to you :)

I guess it official I am a rule maker not a rule follower :)
and its always easier to make the rules up as you go along !

so who are the winners after my morning drama?



Patti G ( yet another girl that only needed to ask! but at this point some one had to win! )
Malin ( please email me your address at ruthrae@aol.com )

Congratulations Lady's I will send your charm out this week !

Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

moi said...

These are all way way cool. Boy you are amazing making 35 all at once.

Ro Bruhn said...

I love your ATCs, I love the layers, I wish I was going to Artfest to swap you one.
Good Luck
Ro from down under

martha brown said...

I have been thinking of your birdie charms all day (I even passed a wedding supply store and considered going in....LOL. I have made some special ones to trade with you....
I can't believe how fast you made all of those ATCs. I have been struggling with 4 for 2 days!!!! (because they are paper -- I'm trying to CHALLENGE myself)Anyway, yours are SPECTACULAR!!!!!

longnecklady said...

I love all of those atc's. I can't even pick a favorite.

hugs~

Sue

Dot said...

You are so talented Ruth and so, so generous.

A hug from me to you, special,special lady..

Your ATC's are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I think I must be blessed :) An e-mail is on it's way! I filled it with my admiration.

Anonymous said...

LOL! i think it is too funny that i was the first name drawn. hurray! my mojo is still working!!!

your ATCs are fantastic! lucky people that get these ruth. i hope you get beautiful trades in exchange because i know you worked hard on all these. they are so lovely and layered. good work, friend!!

vicci said...

Ruth...You have been busy...I love it all...I've been doing atc's (gesso and magazine image from Bernie's book)...and also doing some charms! They are fun!

vicci said...

Ruth...You have been busy...I love it all...I've been doing atc's (gesso and magazine image from Bernie's book)...and also doing some charms! They are fun!

Patti G. said...

SHUT UP RUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LUCKY ME, sorry girls! I adore Ruth's art and am here admiring all the time and now I saw my name was pulled AND she said all I had to do was ask! Kisses RUTH, but you cannot JUST create for me me me !Hehehehe! Ohhhhhhhh your artwork makes me smile! Your atcs are fantastic! 35 in a day! YOU ROCK Girlfriend! That is awesome and they are each a treasure!! Love your layering with the fabric, tulle, papers, felt etc. You have such a style dear one! Anyways, thank you for the lucky birdie that helped you draw my name! YOU KNOW IT WILL ADORE IT! Hugs,Patti

primdollie said...

wow these are just phenomenal and sure wish i had been the winner!!!!!! fun fun fun!!! LOVE them all!! Hugs Linda

Anonymous said...

Love your work, this is what I will have for swap....

http://rodrigvitzstyle.typepad.com/rodrigvitz_style/2007/03/studio_friday_l.html

stephanie

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

LoVE the egg ATCs!!! And your charms are fabulous!!!! Wish I was heading to ARTfest!!! :)

liz said...

so beautiful ruth--everything you do is wonderful!! wish i could be at ArtFest to trade with you!! maybe next year!!
liz xx

Maija said...

Your trades rock, Ruth! Save one for me at ArtFest...I can't wait to meet!

Jane LaFazio said...

beautiful atcs from a beautiful heart.