Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Remember This

This has been in my head for a week now... it did not turn out as I intended. Tomorrow, I will try to get the one that is in my head out. I am not sure how my quilt turned into a pocket :)

6x6 felt heart quilty pocket

close up of red jewel heart trapped between lace and tulle with the word beloved on it.

vinyl heart pull out
revise of felt heart 6x6 quilty pocket with treasures traped behind organza
Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Paradise is there, behind that door, in the next room; but I have lost the key.
Perhaps I have only mislaid it.

Strange, the desire for certain pleasures is a part of my pain.



Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, it's amazing what you can create when you had no intention of going in the one direction. this is quite beautiful...your choice of materials never cease to inspire me...thanks

Patti G. said...

Ruth,ohhhhhhh you added art is beautiful! I love the pocket heart filled with all it's treasures!!!! Your card for Dot is natural looking and wonderful and your necklace from the charm with the sweet beaded hanging is so pretty! You are on a roll doll!Hugs,Patti

Pavonine Studios said...

Oh this is wonderful! i love little hidden treasures....

MarilynH said...

so
very
cool!

love the black tulle--perfect accent to the red and all the softness. amazing idea to trap the jewel!!

Jane LaFazio said...

dearest ruth, thank you SO much for this amazing gift! Not only is it gorgeous, it's incredibly generous of you!!I'm overwhelmed! I showed my Art Quilt class students, and they loved it and awed by your creativity. THANK YOU!
The valentine I have for you is meek by comparison, but I will send it along humbly.
thank you very much,
Jane