Saturday, August 01, 2009

so as it begains... it ends~

Over 7 months ago I took part in Seth's Natural Evolution Disintegration project.
The idea was to see the toll that the natural elements would take upon combined papers placed outside over time.

Living in in Southern Californian like I do my papers really did not do much more then get dusty..

IMG_6128

but what was really fun was that I started this project
because of Judy as I became intrigued with what she had done for it, and as luck had it she just happened to be with me for the last few days just before the completion of Seth's project so we collaborated and this is what we came up with.

so as is begins it ends (Judy's Hand)

Judy used Inks and pigments to alter a circular base

so as is begins it ends (Ruths Hand)

We then traced our hands onto the piece then I took it over to my sewing machine to highlight our hands and stitched the words:

"so as it begins"(my hand)
" it ends". (Judy's hand)

so as is begins it ends

this little element of the two fabric ties attached to the red treed is a nod to the unity it took for judy and myself to create this piece.

so as is begins it ends

I created and stitched down a pocket

so as is begins it ends

To house a delightful book that Judy bound by hand.

so as is begins it ends

Judy discovered this red acrylic paint skin on the bottom of my paint cup that I attached over the words: "we count the days"

so as is begins it ends

stay tune for the entire revel of this project along with the words that Judy wort in the book.
(to discover over 100 other projects from other artist go to Seth's site for the links!)

Share/Bookmark

29 comments:

connie said...

The collaboration of two of my favorites, I was very intrigued knowing you two were going to be doing something together... what a very cool project! I can't wait to see more...

nancy neva gagliano said...

oh, i'm jealous...i wish my friend was closer and that we could work together on something...the results are heartwarming!!

diane said...

Love the paint skin, and I CAN'T wait to see what Judy wrote in that fabulous little book =)

WingingIt said...

how yummy...thanks for sharing!!! loving the sewing and paper combined!!!

rachel whetzel said...

DELISH!! I love it!! LOVE the paint. VERY much!!

Julie Prichard said...

Oh fantastic, Ruth!!! Really beautiful!

nina said...

i didn't realize you know judy - she seems to be everywhere these days, across the world....lucky her for getting to spend some time with beautiful you!! xoxo

DymphieM said...

i love all the finished projects of this virtual collaboration, yours looks wonderful. How great you could work with your friend on it, a true real life collaboraton :)

Wayne Pitchko said...

wonderful what you have created

alteredbits said...

the two of you have created an amazingly beautiful, awe-inspiringly gorgeous piece! i'm not at all surprised and very much adore it!

rug cleaning Los Angeles said...

That’s a very odd combination, paper and fabric. But the result is surprisingly beautiful. Hey thanks for sharing your art ideas, I really appreciate it a lot.

furniture fabrics said...

Wow! That a very nice piece. I like your ways of mixing stuff, very creative.

Kim said...

Wonderful piece Ruth and how nice to collaborate with a friend. Just caught the interview video over on Judy's blog. You two are a hoot! Poor Bruce!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Just Love what I see, very special to be able to create with a talented friend too....Wonderful Artwork!!!

Renee Howell said...

How fun to work/play/create together with a buddy. It would have been fun to work with my buddy on this and create another piece. hmmmmm. Lovely piece. I enjoyed the photos of the work in progress. Thank you so much for sharing. I can feel your smiles coming through in the work.

rscoach said...

Love your collaboration so far - can't wait to see the full reveal - I too used rolled pages for my participation - racing to get ready for AU flying out on Thurs - can't wait - you can see my reveal at CreativeRebelGal.blogspot.com - hugs - Reva (Los Angeles)

studioJudith said...

Total enchantment a la
Miss Ruth and Miss Judy!!
What a combination ... . .

Maj said...

Magic! And more so because it ties together two friends!

herminesplace said...

Fabulous!

Deryn Mentock said...

Gorgeous and creative! What a great collaborative team...

Judith Stadler said...

The result is lushly beautiful. The colors really move me.
Judith

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

A fantastic post, I love the natural papers you ended up with, the red threads and the pieces you ended up with. Congratulations to both of you for a project that looks a lot of fun

Carolyn

JoAnnA Pierotti said...

so cool Ruth. So wish I could have seen you while in OC. One of these times. I did get to take Judy's class which was amazing. You two did a great work. Only true artful souls could do such this.
hugs,
joanna

Nikki Lee Anne Ghilain said...

It's so beautiful....well done and I will be checking back for the update!

Dawn Wilson said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL COLLABORATION ON SO MANY LEVELS! LOVE ALL THE STITCHING AND THE HANDS TO BRING IT ALL TOGETHER

deb said...

I love that it is stitched together, binding a friendship, the little book is intriguing I hope there will be more pictures

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How interesting that you collaborated on a collaboration. This piece is stunning and symbolic of a collaboration on so many levels. Really nice job.

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看

Anonymous said...

Love this project so much! Love it!

Rose